Monday 6 February 2017

The House of Night series

The House of Night is a series of 12 books. I started reading in November and finished the series in January. I'm going to review them together.


Book: Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, Untamed, Hunted, Tempted, Burned, Awakened, Destined, Hidden, Revealed, Redeemed
Author: P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
Series: House of Night
Genre: Young Adult (vampire)


Plot: After a Vampire Tracker Marks her with a crescent moon on her forehead, 16-year-old Zoey Redbird enters the House of Night and learns that she is no average fledgling. She has been Marked as special by the vampyre Goddess Nyx and has affinities for all five elements: Air, Fire Water, Earth and Spirit. But she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers. When she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school’s most elite club, is mis-using her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny – with a little help from her new vampyre friends (or Nerd Herd, as Aphrodite calls them)
My thoughts:
I found this series after I finished the Vampire Academy series (and it's spinoff) and was looking for something similar.  These were very quick and addictive reads, and while they weren't as sophisticated as the Vampire Academy books, I found myself very drawn in by them.  I found the first couple of books very predictable, but that just made me want to keep reading to see if I was right (I was). By the time Kalona entered the scene, they were much less predictable and more intriguing.

This series is probably a but young for me, though it had some adult language and content. The characters were at times annoying but definitely likeable. I enjoyed that it was a slightly different spin on vampires (sorry, vampyres), and I definitely can't deny that I was hooked. Once I started, there was no stopping...no matter how many books became available during that time!



No comments:

Post a Comment