Sunday 26 February 2017

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

Book: Three Dark Crowns
Author: Kendare Blake
Series: Three Dark Crowns
Other Books by this Author: Anna duo, Goddess War series, Sleepwalk Society
Goodreads

Summary:
In every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born—three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katharine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose…it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins.The last queen standing gets the crown.

My thoughts:

I loved this book!  I know some people say it started out slow and they had to push past it to get into it, but it wasn't like that for me at all.  Katharine's story had me turning the pages as fast as I could, rooting for her all the way.  And then before I knew it, I was rooting for Arsinoe, and then suddenly I was supporting Mirabella! In books like this, typically you expect to have a heroine, a favorite - but I loved them all!  The premise was dark and twisty, and I knew as soon as I saw it I HAD to read it. And it didn't disappoint.  There was more romance and a little less dark and creepy than I expected, but I can't really fault anything in this book. I loved the premise, I loved the characters and I loved the ending. My only real negative is that the next book in the series isn't out yet!  


No comments:

Post a Comment