Sunday 5 March 2017

Love Me Tinder by Nicola May

Book: Love Me Tinder
Author: Nicola May
Genre: Romantic Comedy/ Women's Fiction
Other books by this author: Working It Out, The School Gates,
Better Together, The SW19 Club, Star Fish, Let Love Win
Goodreads

Summary:
Dull security or risky freedom - which would you choose?

With her marriage in pieces, shy Cali Summers is faced with this decision and hits the world of fast love on an internet dating app.

Using room 102 in the hotel where she works as her dating 'lair', she opens herself up to a world of sex, lies, deception, as well as personal discovery and passionate love.

With a charming F1 engineer, a handsome army officer and her adulterous ex all on the scene, a predictable love match is far from on the cards.
My Thoughts:

As someone who has put in her time in the trenches of online dating with her share of bad first date stories (thank goodness those days are done!) but did so before the days of Tinder, I was intrigued by the premise of this book. And what a delightful read it was! Fun and light, this book had me hooked from the start kept me turning the pages with a smile until the end.

Cali was likeable as a protagonist and someone I was rooting for, in spite of (or perhaps because of) her naïveté. There were so many times I was reading and all I could think was
But really this was part of the charm of this book, and it's easy to see how Cali was blinded by love (lust!) and the new experience of online dating. And don't forget the side characters! I felt like I really got to know Cali's friends and I was cheering for them too. And perhaps the shining star of this book for me was the hilarious African Grey Lady P and her foul mouth!

Nicola May's writing was excellent and amongst the hilarity I was moved by her beautiful prose. I found myself highlighting a quote about love, and I NEVER stop to highlight in books!
"Love is not a flickering bulb; it is a burning, huge raging fire of desire that engulfs is all at some point in our lives." How beautiful and true is that?! And as an American expat living in the U.K., I also found this book charmingly English - which is exactly what  I like in my rom-coms!

This is the first Nicola May book I've read...but it definitely won't be my last!



Fancy checking it out for yourself? Find it on Amazon here:

No comments:

Post a Comment